- Project integration management to ensure that the various project elements are effectively coordinated.
- Project scope management to ensure that all the work required (and only the required work) is included.
- Project time management to provide an effective project schedule.
- Project cost management to identify needed resources and maintain budget control.
- Project quality management to ensure functional requirements are met.
- Project human resource management to development and effectively employ project personnel.
- Project communications management to ensure effective internal and external communications.
- Project risk management to analyze and mitigate potential risks.
- Project procurement management to obtain necessary resources from external sources.