- Salary Offer 15000.00 INR 15000.00 Month
- Address no 56, Strotten Mudali Street, , Sowcarpet, George Town, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Experience in Years 0 - 1
- Education B.Com
- Duty Hours Day Shift
Billing Team Job description
A billing clerk is responsible for creating invoices and credit memos, updating customer files, and sending invoices and payment reminders to customers.
Their primary interaction outside the business is with customers. Internally, they deal with the shipping department and order entry department.
- Issue invoices to customers
- Issue monthly customer statements
- Update customer files with issued invoices
- Process credit memos
- Update the customer master file with contact information
- Manage account balances to discover outstanding debts or other inconsistencies
- Collect all information needed to calculate bills receivable (order amounts, discount rates etc.)
- Check the data input in the accounting system to ensure accuracy of final bill
- Issue invoices and bills and sent them to customers through various channels (mail, e-mail etc.)
- Issue customer account statements periodically or whenever necessary
- Receive payments through various methods (cash, online payments etc.) and check for credibility
- Send reminders for payments and contact customers when assigned
- Update accounting records with new payments, balances, customer information etc.
- Answer questions and handle complaints from customers regarding bills
- Report on activity to upper management